Saturday, 24 August 2013

Blankets!

Blankets and more blankets!  I've made quite a few blankets over the last couple of months, and now that I've given them all away to their designated persons, I can post pictures of them!  I discovered a new way to make a double receiving blanket and have been quite enjoying them!  It's called a self-binding blanket and it's so simple to do!  I hope to make a few more for our own baby.  I have started on a blanket from scraps for a boy if we happen to have one.  Fabric is SO pretty!  I love going to the store and picking material to make blankets.  That's way more fun than actually sewing them, although the sewing part isn't too bad either.  :) 
 We have a spot for a new garden!  I am so hopeful that this time it will work!  Mark cultivated it up the other day and my Dad brought us a big load of chicken manure to work into it.  I hope to get some peat moss in there as well, and then HOPEFULLY it will grow something!  I didn't have too much luck with my last attempt.  I gave it 4 years and didn't get anything from it.  If it doesn't work in this new location I think I will give up.  :( 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment