| Dressed up for a wedding at 21 weeks. |
The last couple of days I've felt very discouraged about my energy levels. I felt so slow and lethargic and I wanted to be doing things, getting out and exercising, but just felt blah. I knew part of the reason was probably because I wasn't drinking enough water, but it's just so hard for me to do that. Today I filled a pitcher with water (approx. 8 cups) and determined I would not drink anything else until that pitcher was gone. I finished it by lunch time!! And I feel SO good today! It's 2:30 and I've already been climbing trees trimming dead branches, cleaned them all up, I mowed a good chunk of the lawn, ran around with Adalyn, and dusted and cleaned up our bedrooms. I didn't feel like I had to make myself do anything, I felt like doing it and had fun, and it was 30 C out today. And I'm not napping now! So that's my amazing discovery. DRINK WATER! haha So profound I know.
We had our ultrasound last week and the baby was quite active and doing well. I defiantly feel that this one moves around more than Adalyn did at this point of pregnancy. I wasn't sure whether it was just because I noticed it more because I know what it feels like, or if it was actually true.
Also another amazing discovery I made the other day that has been quite encouraging to me is this blog...
http://www.frenchpressmornings.com/p/encouraging-wednesdays.html
She has some beautiful artwork with verses you can print out to put up around the house. I've been setting them as my desktop background on my computer and have been very encouraged so far. It gives me a verse to think on and meditate on during the day. I think the biggest thing for me is that I am a visual learner so to have it written up pretty helps me get the words better.
I also downloaded a weekly cleaning list from her blog and am excited about that too. I'm on Day 2 of following it and I already feel so much better about the cleanliness of my house. I'm hoping that it will help me maintain cleanliness rather than let it get so dirty and then do a major cleaning. I'm usually pretty good about tidying up, but the cleaning part I usually skip out on. haha. That's why when you come over my house might look clean, but it's really just lazy tidying. :) There. I let you in on my secret.
It's hard to believe summer is almost over. I was walking the other day soaking in the sunset, the hazy sky from the harvesters, the golden fields, the crickets and grasshoppers chirping and realizing how much I love every season. I absolutely love the season we're in right now, but I look forward to the leaves changing color, the smell of the crisp fall air, the pumpkins, and everything else about fall too. God has made one as well as the other to enjoy! I love that we are able to experience all of this in Canada.
And now for some random things...
Lately whenever I ask Adalyn to smile for the camera this is what she gives me...
Adalyn loves the sidewalk chalk she got for her birthday. I do too! We wrote a message for her Daddy when he came home from a job. :)
Well, until next time, be encouraged! May everything you do and put your hands to be for the praise of God from whom all blessings flow!
No comments:
Post a Comment