Sunday, 29 April 2012

First Swim!

Mark was away for a week helping with a Bible School reno project this past week.  In the mean time my Mom and sister and I took Adalyn swimming.  I tried so hard to get her to have a nap before we left so she would be refreshed and ready, but she didn't want to so we started off with a tired little girl.  I was concerned that she would be so tired she wouldn't enjoy it, but Jesus didn't tell us not to worry for nothing!  So often what we worry about doesn't happen anyway which was true in this case.  Adalyn had fun in the change room before we went out, however once we came out into the pool area she was quite unsure.  I stood her up in the shallow water thinking maybe she would like to walk in, but that didn't work.  She clung to us for the first little while until we found a ball and got her distracted.  She slowly warmed up to her new surroundings and by the end she was really having a great time!  We all had a pretty great time in fact!  There were only about 3 other families there which was really nice especially for her first time.  It made it just a little less overwhelming.  She's not a big fan of crowds of people to begin with, never mind in a completely strange setting.






Dried off and happy after a good swim.

1 comment:

  1. I love your swim suit Helen! I happen to have the same one! Great find!

    ReplyDelete