Wednesday, 11 January 2012

One Heart

Mark and I went to the One Heart service in Winnipeg this last Sunday.  It was so good!  The churches of Winnipeg (I'm not sure how many are involved, maybe 60?)  get together once a year for a huge gathering at the MTS center.  The arena holds 15,000 people and it was pretty much full!  All people there to worship one God and Saviour, Jesus Christ!  I've always believed that unity of the church is a big thing on the heart of God.  The devil has done a good job at separating churches, causing small disagreements and styles to get in the way of the family of God being effective and loving each other.  It was so cool to see everyone uniting and coming together to celebrate Jesus and what he has done for us and praying together for the city of Winnipeg.  I choked back tears a couple of times during the morning.

I was SO blessed and encouraged by the words of a song we sang...  Mark and I have a really big decision to make in the next week and I was feeling overwhelmed and very fearful.  God spoke to me in this song.  God really DOES SPEAK!!

Today Is The Day by Lincoln Brewster

I'm casting my cares aside
I'm leaving my past behind
I'm setting my heart and mind on you
Jesus

I'm reaching my hand to yours
Believing there's so much more
Knowing that all you have in store for me is good
Is good

Today is the day you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day you have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it

And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what you say
Today is the day

I'm putting my fears aside
I'm leaving my doubts behind
I'm giving my hopes and dreams to you
Jesus

I will stand upon your truth
I will stand upon your truth
And all my days I'll live for you
All my days I'll live for you

I made a project the other day.  My cousins have introduced me to Pinterest.  haha I had never heard of it before, but it is awesome!  I am getting so many great ideas and DIY projects.  My latest bout has has been  with canvas art.  I had a canvas I'd been saving to do something on for quite a while and when my Mom gave me a little note with some Truths about God, I knew I wanted to put them on a canvas.  This way I could look at them all the time and be reminded of truth and stay in the peace and freedom that believing the truth brings.  

Here's my project.  

 I stained the canvas with tea and when that wasn't dark enough I used some old water paint I had lying around to touch it up.  I made the text on the computer, then printed it in a mirror image onto a T-Shirt transfer.  I ironed it onto my canvas and very carefully peeled the backing off the transfer.  I then put ModPodge over the whole thing to give it a finished look.

My next canvases are almost done as well.  I will post a picture of those when I'm done.

Christmas was a good time again this year.  Of all the years of my life so far I think this was the year I cared the least for the presents.  I think the older I get the older the presents thing is for me.  I feel like such a grown up.  haha  Adalyn did very well with all the activity.
Here are a few pictures from our Christmas.
Adalyn opening her first present



A big present for a little girl!


 Brother Paul shows off his goods


mmmm... wiener roll ups!

Pretty girls in pretty dresses

A Thiessen family portrait.

Mark surprised me with the giving of my gift.  I wanted to open our presents on the 23rd of December as we were busy the 24th and 25th.  He told me he couldn't give his to me as it required a bit of planning.  On the 27th of December he told me I needn't worry about supper as he was taking care of it.  Later in the day Matthew showed up at our place to babysit Adalyn for a couple hours while we went out.  I figured there wasn't enough time for us to go to Winnipeg, but Mark turned that direction after leaving the house.  I was slightly confused as we needed to be back before Adalyn's bedtime and there certainly wasn't enough time to go into Winnipeg.  I figured he must be taking us a round about way to Steinbach to confuse me.  A short time later he turned onto a gravel road and I was sure he must be going around the countryside to take us into Steinbach, but then he turned into a farmyard.  I had no idea who lived there and was very confused.  We went to the door and there stood our friend from church who is also a hair stylist.  Mark had asked her to do my hair before we went out for supper.  I had left the house in a pony tail and feeling a bit scruffy so this was wonderful!  Mark left for a bit while I got my hair done and when he came back we went for supper and he presented me with my Christmas present.  A beautiful pair of diamond earrings!!! The photo isn't great, but they sure are something like I've never had before!!




8 comments:

  1. We were there at One Heart! :) We ran into Matt and he said you'd be there. I kept my eyes open hoping to see you but I doubted we would. So many people!!! Really neat experience for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would've been neat to see you there Anne Jisca! I'm glad your babysitting worked out in the end... I would've said I could come in and do it, but I had something else up that day. So exciting you are going to Africa!! SIM is the mission my sister is with in Peru.

      Delete
  2. Michelle from Ohio here ;)... What a great way to keep up with you guys! I'm so glad I clicked on this. The earrings are beautiful! I LOVE you piece of art, how stunning, great job Helen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it Michelle! It's not much, but I try to post every now and then so things don't get too out of date... Seems I need to be in just the right mood to write something and also have the time...

      Delete
  3. Those earrings are so gorgeous Helen. And you deserve to be treated like a queen. Nice work Mark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! yup, I do have a fabulous husband! I think the card that came with the earrings and the words in that card made them exceptionally amazing!

      Delete
  4. What a great Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete