Sunday, 1 December 2013

Things I look forward to about not being pregnant

There are some people who I talk to who say they love being pregnant.  I'm not one of those people.  I would rather carry a new baby in my arms then in my body any day.  (Now ask me in a month and a half and see if my answer is still the same. haha  :) )  I know what a beautiful thing it is to be able to carry a child like this.  It's a gift from God and I don't take it for granted, but I FEEL so unlovely during pregnancy.  This is definately a time when feelings are not reality and I have to remind myself of this over and over again.  I was thinking the other day that I feel like a big whale, but reality is that I am so privileged to be carrying a child who is being developed and formed just right by an Almighty God.  What is going on in my body right now is truly a miracle.  On that note however, here are some things I am looking forward to in about a month's time...
1.  No more heartburn
2.  Being able to bend over properly
3.  Sleeping on my stomach
4.  Hugging Mark without my big belly in the way
5.  Going for a walk without huffing and puffing or aching or wondering if I'm doing too much.
6.  Getting into shape again and running!
7.  Baby's hiccups outside the womb will be a lot less annoying!
8.  Being able to have hot drinks in the morning again without it affecting my bowels
9.  Gas issues will be solved?!  
10.  Holding Adalyn on my lap comfortably.  (Then of course there will still be a baby to hold too.  :)
11.  Zipping up my jacket without it stretching
12.  Wearing sweaters fashionably.  My maternity sweater collection is very limited if not non-existant.
13.  Shopping for real clothes and being able to buy things on sale
14.  Going in the hot tub!

Just a few of the things I can think of now.  I would say sleeping through the night, but I know that's not going to happen for a while yet again...  In fact that part's only going to get worse I imagine.  Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment