Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Strength

This last week has been difficult as I battle a nasty cold and low iron levels.  I've had such low energy and have struggled with staying positive and fighting those grumpy battles in my head.  I have been trying to read a Psalm a day lately and came to Psalm 18 this week.  The very first verse says... "I love you, Lord, my strength."  As I was reading the Psalm I got this incredible picture of God holding my arms and fighting with them for me.  You know when you hold a child's hands and make them do things with them, like help them use a bat, or teach some other kind of skill.  Does that make any sense?  Anyway, I just felt so encouraged after reading that Psalm.  Like His strength was carrying me and God was fighting for me in the midst of my tiredness. 
  
He trains my hands for battle;
    my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You make your saving help my shield,
    and your right hand sustains me;
    your help has made me great. 
Psalm 18:34,35 

It kind of goes along with the verse I memorized last week.
"I have been crucified with Christ therefore I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."   Galatians 2:20

I'm not very good at explaining my thoughts, but hopefully it makes some sense. God is my strength and when I'm weak He is stronger! 

No comments:

Post a Comment