We have been trying to find things to do inside as the temperatures are quite cold these days! Adalyn doesn't really care for snow still which doesn't make it any easier to get fresh air. I have tried to pull her around on a sled, but she will have none of that, so the extent of our outdoor activities is going for a walk with the stroller. Thankfully she still loves that!
After Christmas Mark and I took a short trip up to visit Mark's brother. He needed some help to insulate his new garage, and I took the opportunity to come along and see his new house. It was nice to go away together this time as we have done a fair bit of separate traveling over the last few months. Adalyn wasn't feeling very well the whole time we were there which was quite sad. She had about the worst night of her life while we were there. We maybe slept an hour that night. Needless to say, it wasn't the best time ever just for that reason. She was exceptionally clingy and whiny the whole time, but I still managed to do a bunch of baking while the guys worked out in the garage and quite enjoyed myself. I think they liked the products of my enjoyment too.
Adalyn did really well on the 9 hr drive as well which was a relief. We drove 2 cars there and so I got to drive some of the hours alone which was so great. I sang at the top of my lungs for a good hour by myself. haha Before we had Adalyn I didn't realize what a great thing it was to travel a few hours without having to wonder how to entertain a child (though she probably would have found my singing entertaining anyway). It makes a few hours a lot shorter than it is with a child!
I've been doing some sewing and crocheting projects as well and just made this hat for myself which I'm quite pleased with. I wish my great ideas and projects turned out better for me more often. I've had quite a few failed crochet projects lately.
Mark is away at a job again this week so Adalyn and I have done a fair bit of visiting. We've been out every morning this week which is unusual for me as I tend to be a bit of a homebody. I've been spending my quiet evenings watching Robin Hood episodes mostly. Lame, I know, but I have to do it while Mark's away because he's seen them all already.
Adalyn has been having a great time playing in the big box from our new toilet. (Insert happy cheers here for the new toilet...) She was also so very helpful in folding her diapers the other day and carefully stacked all the liners in a neat pile after sorting through the basket and finding all the right ones. I was so proud of her. I can only hope she is always so willing to help me!
![]() |
| My cheery little helper, hard at work. |
We have put her in a big bed a couple of nights now. Not consistently yet, we are still alternating between bed and crib. She always climbs onto the big bed for her bedtime story and pulls back the covers and gets all cozy in there, so one night Mark figured why not just leave her there. She did fine and so we've done it a few times since. She looks so tiny in that big bed. It's a regular twin, not just a toddler bed. I found out it's more work if her diaper leaks during the night though. :( haha
Well, I ought to be heading off to bed. It's getting to be late again... Morning comes too soon.
Until next time...

It's nice to read an update from you! Sometimes I miss blogging, but I don't feel I have the time for it, now that I'm working full time.
ReplyDeleteAbout potty training, I heard this is a good age to simply introduce the concept. I've been trying to get Sophia comfortable with the idea of sitting on the potty without a diaper. I don't expect her to do anything, I just want her to sit on it and get used to it. But she HATES it. She completely refuses.
But a coworker tried the exact same thing (her boy is Sophia's age) and he's almost potty trained! So you never know until you try.
That's a great idea Jenene. I've had the potty in the bathroom for a little while now and Adalyn will often sit on it when we're in the bathroom, but is a little hesitant to do it without a diaper or clothes on. I'll have to try that more often. When I started with cloth diapers one of the benefits I read about was that they potty train quicker because they are more uncomfortable when wet. I'm afraid it will be the opposite with Adalyn because she's so used to feeling so very wet it doesn't bother her at all.
ReplyDeleteIt must be hard for you to think about these sorts of things while working full time! I miss reading about your life too :)
Thanks for commenting!