Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Here we are again...


Here we are again, and one more week has past.  It’s amazing how fast time goes by these days!  Way faster than those last days of pregnancy!  It feels like my whole life revolves around Adalyn these days, so this is what I have to talk about!  Sorry to anyone who maybe wants to hear about something else!  Haha  

Things have definitely settled down a lot since last week.  We are finally settling into life with a baby and though it still feels like I have almost no time to get anything that I want to get done, done, we are slowly getting used to a new normal.   I still haven’t fully prepared a meal since Adalyn was born.  It always seems she needs attention right around meal times.  Mark has been so good and hasn’t seemed bothered by it at all.  I think he is having a much easier time adjusting than I am.  

 I have been on a few outings this week.  I think I’ve gone out almost every day, which has been very good for me!  My mom went with me to Winnipeg to shop for an outfit for Bonnie and Tai’s wedding on Saturday.  It was very successful and I found something very quickly, which isn’t normal for me.  I’m so happy with my new outfit and I can’t wait to wear it!  Adalyn has a very cute little dress too.  She’s going to be the best looking baby around!  

I was nervous about feeding times while we were shopping.  I’m not sure why I’m so uptight about it, I know I just have to feed her when she’s hungry and she is getting much faster at nursing which makes it a lot better. 

Pictures of us in our outfits are yet to come... the wedding is on Saturday, YAY!  I'm so excited!

Adalyn had her first baby shower on Sunday.  There were a lot of people there.  Almost 40 I think!  I am quite overwhelmed by all the gifts we got.  I finished sorting through the clothes yesterday and her closet is a lot fuller than it was a few days ago.  She got a lot of stuff to wear for 6-9 months and 12 months.  Quite a few pairs of jeans and t-shirts.  It’s nice to know I won’t have to buy very many clothes in the coming months.

Cauntie Elishema (cousin aunty :) )
Cauntie Char


Mark's Grandma holding Adalyn
This week I also took Adalyn to her first Dr.’s appointment by myself and she did so well!  We had to wait at least 45 min to see the Dr and even so, she still let me go do some other things after the appointment was over!  The more I go out the more confident I get.

We gave Adalyn her first real bath (meaning not a sponge bath) this week as well.  This week is all about firsts!  She loved it which kind of surprised me.  She cried for the first 30 seconds, but then just lay there basking in the warmth.  She is so cute!!  

 I hope I’m not missing anything.  So much has happened in a week’s time.  Emotions aren’t running quite as wild anymore which I am grateful for!  I am also so thankful for God who never ceases to give us the grace to handle each day’s challenges and continually gives strength when I am weak.  This is one thing I am definitely learning… “One day at a time sweet Jesus”…


Adalyn is so beautiful and I love her immensely! 
   
One more thing!  I realized I hadn’t posted any pictures of the Saskatchewan Thiessen Aunts and Uncles holding Adalyn, and also my brother David didn’t have a picture with Adalyn so here are the updates!
Auntie Lorissa
Uncle J.J. and Uncle Matthew
Uncle David



1 comment:

  1. Oh Helen she's so delicate looking! So cute!! She'll be over a month old when I see her next! Good thing that is only 2 weeks away!
    Riss

    ReplyDelete